Ryan Greenwood - interview
Ahead of the release of our first vlog, MajorWood Studios co-creator and director extraordinaire Ryan Greenwood gives his answers to the 6 unorthodox questions.
1 What 5 songs would you put into your life’s soundtrack?
1) Blink 182 – Rock Show – start with something high tempo, plus there was a time where this tone and style of music was the soundtrack of my life.
2) Bon Jovi – One Wild Night – encapsulates most of my youth.
3) Elton John – Your Song – it was playing on the first date I had with my wife and we had it as our first dance so it has to be in there.
4) Dean Martin – Ain’t that a Kick in the Head – just because I love swing so I feel like it needs to be represented.
5) Meat Loaf – Heaven Can Wait – for the epilogue, but really the whole ‘Bat out of Hell’ album. Because when I was about 10 years old I found my dad’s old record collection and among them was the ‘Bat out of Hell’ LP, which I listened to over and over and over until that Christmas my parents bought me a CD player and the album on CD.
2 During a zombie apocalypse would you hunker down or try to find help?
In a zombie apocalypse I would raid my shed for anything that could be used as a weapon, grab as many clothes and as much tinned food as possible and drive out into the middle of nowhere with a tent and some camping gear and live off the land hoping it all blows over.
3 If you could have starred in any film, what would it be?
The Dark Knight because it's Nolan at his finest, 'Why so serious?' and because I like to pretend that 'I’m batman' (spoken in a deep, gravelly voice).
4 If you went trick or treating as a child, did you actually have a trick prepared? If so, what was it?
No. However as a family we were quite crafty and creative so banded together to make some pretty awesome costumes that won quite a few fancy dress competitions. I think this is probably one of the reasons why I’m so hands-on at costume and character creation.
5 If aliens came to Earth, would they come in peace?
I think they would most likely be expanding a supply chain of resources that their home world is short on or that is completely exhausted. I think we would be insignificant to them, like relocating cattle to dig for oil. I don’t think that they would come with the sole purpose of exterminating us but I also don’t think they would be here for benevolent reasons either.
6 What does the future hold for you?
Lots of MajorWood. Not like that… Professionally I’ll be making short films, web series and hopefully one day a feature. Personally I’m enjoying watching my family grow and I’m looking forward to experiencing the beauty and the splendour of our little blue and green pebble with them.